Photo: Scholarstown House
NOTABLE APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
NOTABLE DECISIONS MADE
- Permission granted for the change of use of a warehouse/storage unit to a Fitness Studio consisting of Pilates studio, Strength studio and Cardio studio at Unit 4, Pineview Business Park, Firhouse Road.
- Permission granted for the construction of 1 house at the side of an existing house at 29 Glendoher Park, Rathfarnham.
- Application declared invalid to increase the number of childcare spaces from 170 to 250 at Rathfarnham Daycare Facility, 1920 Main Street, Rathfarnham.
- Application withdrawn to construct 1 house adjacent to an existing house at Cruagh Lane, Rockbrook, Rathfarnham.
- Application withdrawn for the placement of a pay-to-use portable waste compactor for the acceptance of residual and food waste and a pay-to-use portable compactor for mixed dry recyclables at SuperValu, Firhouse Shopping Centre.
- Extension of Duration of Permission granted for the provision of an air supported sports dome at Our Lady’s School, Templeogue Road.
- Permission granted for a single storey flat roof extension and reconfiguration of the outdoor seated area to the rear of The Morgue Public House, Templeogue Road.
- Additional information requested regarding the application to construct 3 apartments to the first florr of the Furry Bog Public House, Whitechurch Shopping Centre, Whitechurch Green.
APPEALS NOTIFIED TO AN BORD PLEANALA
- Appeal notified regarding SDCC’s decision to grant permission for the demolition of the 4 existing shed structures on site within the curtilage of the protected structure; Retention and conversion of Scholarstown House (Protected Structure) into two residential units comprised of 1 two bed and 1 three bed units served by private open space in the form of ground floor terrace; The proposed works to Scholarstown House include but are not limited to internal re-configuration; Re-location of the staircase to its original location within the house; Removal of non-original features including the closing up of non-original openings; Creation of a new door opening within the existing alcove, and the blocking up of a window opening both located on the northern elevation; Construction of an apartment block ranging in height from 3 to 5 storeys containing 74 apartment units comprised of 32 one bed apartments, 33 two bed apartments, and 9 three bed apartments all served by private open space in the form of balconies and/or ground floor terraces; The proposed development also includes 100sq.m of residential amenities and facilities consisting of but not limited to a reception, communal amenity room and parcel room; The development will be served by a total of 40 car parking spaces and 183 cycle parking spaces accessed via a new pedestrian and vehicular access off Orlagh Grove with the existing entrances on Scholarstown Road and Orlagh Grove being re-configured to provide for pedestrian and cycle access; All ancillary development works required to facilitate the development including but not limited to, plant rooms, a substation, bin stores, landscaping, boundary treatments and lighting; The proposed development comprises the carrying out of works to a protected structure: Scholarstown House (RPS Ref: 322).
AN BORD PLEANALA APPEAL DECISIONS
For a full list of planning applications and decisions, please visit: