Photo: National Basketball Arena
NOTABLE APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
- Application submitted to one existing detached house and construct 119 residential units, ranging from 2-4 storeys in height, at Saint Winnows, Stocking Lane, Rathfarnham.
- Application submitted to install a second cremator at Newlands Cross Cemetery & Crematorium.
- Application submitted to demolish 1 house and construct 1 new house at 124 Templeville Drive, Templeogue
- Application submitted for the Expansion of the existing National Basketball Arena by means of the demolition of the existing structure for the construction of a new multi-functional facility comprising of, main hail sized to allow for 4 full size basketball courts; Deployable seating for a FIBA International Rated basketball court with a capacity for 3272 spectators; all with changing and sanitary facilities to match; Entrance Foyer with access to ancillary caf?/shops; sports’ governing-body offices; Corporate facilities with 1st floor roof terrace and with related kitchen; Gym; staff areas, and associated storage & maintenance facilities; This is to be housed in a part single! part two storey/part three storey structure with a gross internal area of c.7913.3 sq.m, with a projecting canopy along North and East elevations; The Main Hall has a gross floor area of c.2,934 sq.m designed to flexibly accommodate a range of activities/sports; The overall primary dimensions of the proposed structure are c.89m by c.59m (with various projections/ recesses) and a primary height of c.12.70m. (with variations down to c 5.50m); Permission is also sought for carpark area with 260 staff and visitor car parking spaces; Coach parking; bicycle parking; ancillary services area; drainage works; landscaping works including paving, planting, earth mounding, and SuDs; Canopy mounted signage and associated site development works on a site area of 1.713 Ha.
NOTABLE DECISIONS MADE
- Application withdrawn for change of use of private dwelling to 7-bedroom guest house at Carrick, Dodder Park Road, Rathfarnham.
APPEALS NOTIFIED TO AN BORD PLEANALA
- Appeal submitted regarding SDCC’s decision to refuse permission for a streetworks solution to address identified mobile and wireless broadband coverage hotspots at Woodstown Avenue, Ballycullen.
AN BORD PLEANALA APPEAL DECISIONS
- An Bord Pleanala upheld the decision of SDCC to grant permission 3-4 storey nursing home building to consist of 111 bedrooms (with ensuites) and associated staff and resident welfare facilities, amenities and including extensive landscaped gardens. The protection and preservation of Newbrook House (a protected structure-Ref No 300) and incorporation with the construction of the new 3-4 storey nursing home. Formation of new vehicular access and pedestrian site access off Taylors Lane and associated landscaping works. Communal open space as well as other facilities open to the public such as hair salon, function suite and cinema. Provision of 18 parking spaces including 2 accessible spaces and 2 EV charging bays to service the nursing home. 24 short and long stay cycle parking spaces. 5 new 3 storey dwellings with associated parking landscaping, Lands to the south of Taylor’s Lane, Ballyboden within the curtilage of Newbrook House.
For a full list of planning applications and decisions, please visit: