Photo: Scholarstown House and land
NOTABLE APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
- Application submitted for Extension of Duration of Permission to construct an air supported sports dome at Our Lady’s School, Templeogue Road.
- Application submitted to increase the number of childcare spaces from 170 to 250 at Rathfarnham Day-care facility, Main Street, Rathfarnham.
- Section 254 Licence Application submitted for a Telecommunications street works solution at the junction of Templeogue Road, and Cypress Grove Road, Templeogue.
- Section 254 Licence Application submitted for a Telecommunications street works solution at Orwell Road, Templeogue.
- Section 254 Licence Application submitted for a Telecommunications street works solution at Knocklyon Road, Templeogue.
NOTABLE DECISIONS MADE
- Permission granted for the demolition of the 4 existing shed structures on site within the curtilage of the protected structure; Retention and conversion of Scholarstown House (Protected Structure) into two residential units comprised of 1 two bed and 1 three bed units served by private open space in the form of ground floor terrace; The proposed works to Scholarstown House include but are not limited to internal re-configuration; Re-location of the staircase to its original location within the house; Removal of non-original features including the closing up of non-original openings; Creation of a new door opening within the existing alcove, and the blocking up of a window opening both located on the northern elevation; Construction of an apartment block ranging in height from 3 to 5 storeys containing 74 apartment units comprised of 32 one bed apartments, 33 two bed apartments, and 9 three bed apartments all served by private open space in the form of balconies and/or ground floor terraces; The proposed development also includes 100sq.m of residential amenities and facilities consisting of but not limited to a reception, communal amenity room and parcel room; The development will be served by a total of 40 car parking spaces and 183 cycle parking spaces accessed via a new pedestrian and vehicular access off Orlagh Grove with the existing entrances on Scholarstown Road and Orlagh Grove being re-configured to provide for pedestrian and cycle access; All ancillary development works required to facilitate the development including but not limited to, plant rooms, a substation, bin stores, landscaping, boundary treatments and lighting; The proposed development comprises the carrying out of works to a protected structure: Scholarstown House (RPS Ref: 322).
- Additional information requested regarding the application to construct 1 house at the side of an existing house at 2 Knocklyon Heights, Knocklyon Road.
- Clarification of additional information sought regarding the application to re-instate the fire damaged house at 82 Woodlawn Park Drive, Firhouse.
APPEALS NOTIFIED TO AN BORD PLEANALA
AN BORD PLEANALA APPEAL DECISIONS
- An Bord Pleanala upheld the decision of SDCC to refuse permission for the construction of 1 house at the side of an existing house at 63 Genbrook Park, Rathfarnham.
For a full list of planning applications and decisions, please visit: