One of our Local businesses brings you this information.
Each year as the annual renewal for car insurance arrives, the vast majority of people shop around to see if they can get better value, as indeed do many people when the Home Insurance falls due. People are also very much aware of their Health Insurance, as in the type of cover and the cost and looking to see if they can get better value elsewhere. However, for some reason, rarely if ever, do people review the cost of their Mortgage Protection, Life Insurance etc!
Last year, The National Consumer Agency published a report advising policy holders to regularly review their Mortgage Protection and Life Insurance, as there were significant savings to be made. In recent years, while the cost of insurance has generally increased, the cost of life cover has reduced significantly, and policies you took out some time ago, may now be available at a much lower cost, and with more comprehensive cover, if Serious Illness Cover is included.
Another factor which can have a huge impact on a premium is that if you were a smoker when you took out your policy and have since quit.
Finally, for a limited period we can offer discounts of up to:
15% off the cost of Life Insurance and
10% off the cost of Mortgage Protection.
It is worth noting that these discounts are not just for an introductory period, but for the duration of the policy.
We have found that a few minutes spent looking at existing cover and cost can save people hundreds of euro per year.
We are offering a FREE Review, looking at all areas of costs, and advising you if better value is available.
This is a free review without obligation, so, Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained!
Potential savings of over €5,600 available on Life Insurance according to National Consumer Agency Survey
• Smokers pay on average 85% more for their insurance.
• Consumers must inform their life insurance company of changes to the structure of their mortgage.
Dublin, 27th February 2014:
The National Consumer Agency’s Life Insurance Comparison Survey has revealed that consumers can make potential savings of up to €3,087 on mortgage protection insurance and couples could potentially save up to €5,687 on dual term-life insurance and €3,881 on joint mortgage protection insurance.
Published today, the comparison survey revealed that small differences in monthly premium payments can result in significant savings over the term of the policy. The survey also showed that smokers continue to pay a high financial cost for their habit, paying on average 85% more for their life insurance.
Six of the main insurance companies in Ireland were included in the survey with all quotes correct as of 3rd February 2014 (see notes to editor). Four profiles were used to gather quotes on term life insurance, mortgage protection insurance and whole of life insurance.
The most significant findings in relation to cost, showing the difference between the cheapest and most expensive quotes, were:
• €5,687 over the life of the policy, or a difference of €13.54 per month, for a 23-year old couple, who both smoke, seeking dual term life insurance cover of €350,000 for 35 years (profile one).
• €3,881 over the life of the policy, or a difference of €9.24 per month, for a 23-year old couple of non-smokers, seeking joint mortgage protection insurance of €350,000 for 35 years (profile one).
• €2,363 over the life of the policy, or a difference of €13.13 per month, for a 45-year old smoker seeking term life insurance cover of €190,000 for 15 years (profile three).
• €1,135 over the life of the policy, or a difference of €6.31 per month, for a 45-year old non-smoker seeking term life insurance cover of €190,000 for 15 years (profile three).
“With such large savings possible we strongly urge that, before you take out cover you should first compare the quotes from a number of companies and/or brokers. While it may be viewed as difficult or not worthwhile, it is also possible to change your life insurance during the term of your mortgage. You should keep in mind that your life cover needs may change as a result of life events such as getting married or having a child and it is important that you review your insurance if your circumstances change.”
Please feel free to call me at 4516928 or 0872429534.